Initially, Flipper in the package is in transport mode. In this mode only the internal clock of the microcontroller is powered. Read more in the Power section. To power on the device press the :back: button.
The Flipper firmware is still in active development and some of its features may be unstable. The device might freeze during use. Just reboot it if freezes happen.
The SD card stores all kinds of resources - keys, cards, remotes, databases. It is also utilized to update the firmware, so it is important to install the SD card BEFORE updating. Flipper supports SD cards up to 128GB, however, we recommend using an SD card with a maximum capacity of 16GB or 32GB.
After installing the SD card, a mount error message may appear on the screen of the device:
This error can occur for the following reasons:
- The SD card has a file system other than FAT32 or exFAT;
- There is no file system on the SD card;
- The SD card is damaged.
To fix the problem:
- Format the memory card according to the instructions: Formatting the SD card. All data on the memory card will be deleted.
- On the home screen of the device, press :right: to close the message.
- If the error message persists, replace the SD card with a different card.
Flipper firmware is in beta and is under active development. We improve it daily. That's why we recommend you to update the firmware and internal databases to the latest version right away. Read more in the section.