qFlipper is a desktop application for updating Flipper Zero firmware and databases, managing files on the microSD card, and repairing corrupted firmware. The qFlipper application is available on Windows, macOS, and Linux.
To install the qFlipper application on your computer, do the following:
- Download the qFlipper installation file for your operating system.
You can also download qFlipper on the Flipper Zero Firmware update page.
2. Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions for your operating system.
For Windows, the qFlipper application is compatible with Windows 10 and 11 only.
After you've installed the qFlipper application on your computer, connect your Flipper Zero (with an inserted microSD card) to your computer via a USB cable.
In the Device information tab, you can view the main information about Flipper Zero hardware and installed firmware. You can also control your Flipper Zero via the qFlipper Zero application, as well as update the device.
In the Advanced control tab, you can back up, restore, and reset your Flipper Zero, as well as choose firmware to install on the device. Similar to the Device information tab, you can control your Flipper Zero and initiate the update procedure. See Internal storage repair to learn more about backup and restoration procedures.
In the File manager tab, you can delete, rename, and upload files to Flipper Zero.
To upload files in the File manager tab, drag and drop files to the needed folder or right-click the needed folder and click Upload here.
Update Flipper Zero via qFlipper
The qFlipper application has three firmware update channels:
- DEVELOPMENT (Dev) - the current development ongoing build. This version of firmware is compiled for every new commit, sometimes several times per day. Dev contains all the latest features, but be aware that it may be unstable, freeze, corrupt your data, or not work at all.
- RELEASE-CANDIDATE (RC) - the release version that is submitted for validation testing to the QA department. If bugs are found during the testing phase, the version is amended and a new RC is released. If the release candidate successfully passes all the tests, it becomes the release version.
- RELEASE - the final stable version of the firmware, which has gone through testing and is recommended for general use.
To update your Flipper Zero via the qFlipper application, do the following:
- Connect your Flipper Zero to your computer via a USB cable.
- On your computer, run the qFlipper application.
- In the qFlipper application, go to the Advanced controls tab.
- Click Update Channel and select a firmware version from the drop-down list (Release is recommended).
- Click Update to start the update process.
Report qFlipper issues
If an error occurs during the update process, it is important for us that you describe the issue in detail. Since we don't collect any usage data and statistics from your computer, you will have to report the issue yourself on the forum:
- On the forum.flipperzero.one website, go to the Firmware update / qFlipper section.
- Read topics and check if this issue was already addressed in the previous topics.
- If the issue hasn't been mentioned earlier, create a new topic by clicking the New Topic button.
- In the new topic, describe your issue with steps that led to the issue.
- Attach qFlipper logs in the txt format and click the Create Topic button.
To get qFlipper logs, do the following:
- In the qFlipper application, click LOGS.
- Click OPEN FULL LOG and save the opened file to your computer in the txt format.