We are constantly updating the Flipper Zero firmware, which is why it is important to update your Flipper Zero regularly. You can update your Flipper Zero via Flipper Mobile App or qFlipper. There are three firmware update channels:
- DEVELOPMENT (Dev) - the current development ongoing build. This version of firmware is compiled for every new commit, sometimes several times per day. Dev contains all the latest features, but be aware that it may be unstable, freeze, corrupt your data, or not work at all.
- RELEASE-CANDIDATE (RC) - the release version that is submitted for validation testing to the QA department. If bugs are found during the testing phase, the version is amended and a new RC is released. If the release candidate successfully passes all the tests, it becomes the release version.
- RELEASE - the final stable version of the firmware, which has gone through testing and is recommended for general use.
With Flipper Mobile App, you can update your Flipper Zero via Bluetooth. The application is available on iOS and Android:
After you uploaded Flipper Mobile App and activated Bluetooth on your phone, connect the mobile application to your Flipper Zero:
- Activate Bluetooth on your Flipper Zero by following these steps:
1) Go to Main Menu → Settings → Bluetooth.
2) Set Bluetooth to ON.
2. In Flipper Mobile App, tap Connect.
3. On the next page, next to the detected Flipper Zero's name, tap Connect.
4. In Flipper Mobile App, enter the pairing code displayed on the Flipper Zero screen. 5. Tap Pair to finalize pairing.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is activated on your Flipper Zero. → How to turn on Bluetooth on Flipper Zero.
- Check the Bluetooth connection on your phone.
- Disconnect Flipper Zero from other devices. → How to forget all paired devices on Flipper Zero.
- Update Flipper Zero to the latest firmware version. It is important to update your Flipper Zero regularly. → How to update the firmware on Flipper Zero.
- Reboot your Flipper Zero. → How to reboot Flipper Zero.
To update your Flipper Zero via Flipper Mobile App, do the following:
- In the Main Menu tab, tap Update Channel and select a firmware (Release is recommended).
- Tap the Update button.
- Tap the Update button to confirm the action.
The update process via Flipper Mobile App usually takes 2-3 minutes.
- Check the Bluetooth connection with your Flipper Zero.
- Make sure your Flipper Zero is turned on.
- If your Flipper Zero doesn't respond, reboot it. → How to reboot Flipper Zero.
- Restart firmware update.
- Update your Flipper Zero via qFlipper.
qFlipper is a desktop application that allows you to update your Flipper Zero via a USB cable. The qFlipper application is available on Windows, macOS, and Linux. To install the qFlipper application on your computer, do the following:
- Download the qFlipper installation file for your operating system.
You can also download qFlipper on the Flipper Zero Firmware update page.
2. Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions for your operating system.
For Windows, the qFlipper application is compatible with Windows 10 and 11 only.
To update your Flipper Zero via the qFlipper application, do the following:
- Connect your Flipper Zero to your computer via a USB cable.
- On your computer, run the qFlipper application.
- In the qFlipper application, go to the Advanced controls tab.
Click Update Channel and select a firmware version from the drop-down list (Release is recommended).
- Click Update to start the update process.