Reading RAW signals
Flipper Zero can record signals from radio remotes in RAW format without decoding, similar to how a dictaphone records sound. The signals are demodulated in accordance with modulation settings. You can use the Read RAW function for recording signals with known and unknown protocols for later playback and analysis. On this page, you will learn how to record and playback RAW signals with your Flipper Zero.
We constantly update and improve the Flipper Zero firmware with the help of our community. If your radio remote can't be decoded with the Read function, you can help to add the remote to the list of supported devices. You can leave information about your remote on the forum for analysis with our community.
In the Read RAW mode, Flipper Zero records demodulated signals from remotes in a RAW format. To read and save the signal from the remote control in a RAW format, do the following:
- Go to Main Menu → Sub-GHz.
- Select Read RAW, then press REC to start the recording process.
3. Press the button on the remote control you want to record in a RAW format. 4. After recording a RAW sample, press Stop, then press Save. 5. Name the recorded signal, then press Save.
In this menu, you can switch frequencies and modulations manually. To open the Configuration Menu, on the scanning screen, press Config. You will see the following:
You can switch frequencies at which Flipper Zero receives signals. In the Configuration Menu, by pressing :left:LEFT or :right:RIGHT you can manually set frequencies from the list:
To read the signal correctly, it is necessary to determine the frequency of the remote. For that, you can use the Frequency Analyzer function.
To capture the signal from the remote control, you need to configure the correct modulation settings on Flipper Zero. Because Flipper Zero is not a software-defined radio, you need to configure the correct modulation before scanning the signal. Otherwise, Flipper Zero will not demodulate and record data correctly.
- AM270 — amplitude modulation with the bandwidth of 270 kHz.
- AM650 — amplitude modulation with the bandwidth of 650 kHz (set as default).
- FM238 — frequency modulation with the bandwidth of 270 kHz and the deviation of 2.380371 kHz.
- FM476 — frequency modulation with the bandwidth of 270 kHz and the deviation of 47.60742 kHz.
Flipper Zero can send RAW signals at frequencies that are allowed for transmission in your region. To send a saved RAW signal with Flipper Zero, do the following:
- Go to Main Menu → Sub-GHz → Saved.
- Select the signal, then press :ok:OK.
- Press Send to send the saved RAW signal once or Press and hold Send to send the saved RAW signal repeatedly.
To learn more about regions and allowed transmitting frequencies, visit the Frequencies page.